Job Description & Required Qualification
The Project Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the project and maintaining coordination with the different donors, partners and beneficiaries.
- Overall management of the project delivery life cycle from inception to launch to ongoing implementation and development of the project activities.
- Develop project plans and implementation documents including Work Plan, Progress and Annual Reports, M&E Plan, Scope of Work for Partners and Consultants, and Factsheets.
- Establish solid working relationship with the project team, client and key stakeholders.
- Ensure continuous communication with Client to understand requirements and develop response actions as well as ensuring their awareness of project activities and progress.
- Coordinate and interact with Partners to decide on priority interventions and selection of high priority value chains.
- Follow-up on project indicators and targets throughout project life cycle to ensure effective implementation of work plan and develop corrective action plans if required.
- Provide advisory and insights on implementation activities as required.
- Ensure that correct financial and resource management is in place to ensure successful planning and delivery of project.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A master’s degree in Project Management, Business Administration, International Development, Agricultural Sciences, Development Studies, Engineering or other relevant discipline
- 10 - 15 years of experience in development, management and delivery of Agricultural (value chain) and Economic development projects in the public, private or NGO sectors
- Experience in international development donor funded projects and interacting with client representatives and other project stakeholders
- Knowledge of the Horticulture sector and value chains for high priority crops in Iraq is highly desirable
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to draft and edit a variety of written reports
- Excellent command of project management tools such as Microsoft Project, MS Office, and other project management tools
- Ability to travel as needed
- Fluent in English and Arabic. Kurdish language is a plus.
- Demonstrated managing skills and good understanding of participatory approaches to activity-based planning, stakeholder engagement and knowledge management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills – the candidate must demonstrate his/her ability to investigate problems and challenges that might arise and find the optimal solution in a timely and effective manner
- Strong presentation skills as well as strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate ideas clearly and concisely
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task under tight deadlines
If you are competent and would like to join our team, please send your CV and cover Letter in English. Kindly specifying "Project Manager- The Iraq Horticulture Development Program" as email subject to email@example.com