JOB DESCRIPTION & REQUIRED QUALIFICATION
The site engineers will be responsible for technical matters related to implementation of demonstration projects. The technical site engineers will be based
in Erbil/Kurdistan Region, and will follow up on site implementation in the region.
Key Role and Functions
- Support in project technical planning, design and implementation.
- Demonstration sites technical support in planting and crop management and protection.
- Monitoring and evaluation.
Activity and responsibility:
Support in project technical planning, design and implementation
- Verification assessment visits, to conduct on-site visits for prospective partners to ensure the eligibility through inspecting the land, source of water and electricity and other requirements
- Monitor Construction Activities, conduct field visits to sites to follow up, identify, evaluate progress and report emerging findings with focus on solutions
- Assist in plan, design, and supervise the building of the greenhouses, irrigation, drainage, and water-control systems in addition to checking technical designs and drawings to ensure that they are followed and if implemented correctly
- Assist in the development of designs of system and their equipment, using computer-aided design technology
- Test system implementation and inspection.
- Capacity Building, Elevate the beneficiaries’ capacity and skills through the following:
- Delegate work and oversee quality of work and provide guiding feedback to support our partner’s growth and work plan implementation
- Participate in workshop to provide farmers or farm cooperative members with information that can help them improve agricultural productivity and quality
- Provide beneficiaries with required skills and knowledge on how to carry out regular maintenance of the greenhouse hardware and growing system
- Enhance the beneficiaries’ in safety measurements (dealing with pesticides, nutrient solutions …etc.).
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship though regular follow-up i.e. Irrigation plan, nutrient solutions quantity & plan, pesticide control plan, and harvest plan
- Water Quality, follow-up plan for water quality and issues related to management, control, and recycled drain water
Qualifications and Skills:
- Horticulture University degree
- 3 to 7 years of experience with farm cultivation and management of vegetables crops
- Experience in greenhouses cultivation
- English and Kurdish. Arabic is a plus
- Communication and writing skills, and use it of internet and emails
- Ability to organize field days with farmers and support their needs
- Experience with development programs is preferred
If you are competent and would like to join our team, please send your CV and cover Letter in English. Kindly specifying "Technical Site Engineer- The Iraq Horticulture Development Program" as email subject to firstname.lastname@example.org