Duration: February 2016 – December 2016
Client: Gershman, Brickner & Bratton, Inc. (“GBB”)
Donor: United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
The Jordan Competitiveness Program (JCP) was a six-year USAID-funded program established in 2013. The program worked with policymakers, business associations, and the private sector to enable legislation and regulation, stimulate exports and attract investment and employment opportunities.
ECO Consult and GBB Solid Waste Management Consultants were commissioned by JCP to assist the Jordan Development Zones Co. (JDZ) and Greater Irbid Municipality (GIM) in designing an integrated Solid Waste Management (SWM) framework that contributes to socioeconomic development. This involved the preparation of: detailed roadmaps; technical, financial and institutional specifications; and, scenarios for SWM.
ECO Consult provided the following key services for the project:
- Assessment of the SWM status quo in each beneficiary area.
- Design of optimal management solutions for each of the areas (Business and financial model(s), Technology /management options, Draft SWM frameworks, strategic roadmap, enabling environment).
- Consultations with key stakeholders.
- Institutionalization of the SWM roadmap.
- Participation in preparation of immediate and follow-on institutional strengthening and capacity building plans per area.
- Participation in preparation of tender documents and technical scopes and specifications needed to kick-off implementation by JDZ and GIM