Duration: January 2020 – March 2021
Client & Donor: AMEA Power
AMEA Africa Developments signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Ministry of Water, Irrigation and Energy (MoWIE) for the potential development of an Independent Power Producers (IPP) 300 MW Wind Power Plant in Ethiopia.
ECO Consult undertook the above-mentioned services in accordance with local Ethiopian requirements as well Good International Industry Practice (GIIP) to include International Finance Corporation (IFC) Policy on E&S Sustainability (2012), IFC Performance Standards (2012), and IFC EHS Guidelines.
The Project is located within the Somali Regional State, around 12km from the Somalia borders and 30km from the Djibouti borders. The Project site is located within Sitti Zone, Aysha Woreda and within 2 key Kebeles [Aysha 02 Kebele and Lasman 01 Kebele (previously known as Lasarat Kebele)].
ECO Consult provided key E&S services for the project to include:
- Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA)
- Noise and Shadow Flicker Modelling
- Stakeholder Engagement Plan (SEP)
- Birds and bats monitoring
- Community Development Plan
- Environmental Permit from Ministry of Water, Irrigation and Energy (MoWIE)